• Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - Windows Mobile 6, Vista Don't Sync

Windows Mobile 6, Vista Don't Sync

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer Beta
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaleReeck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Windows Mobile 6, Vista Don't Sync Reply with quote

I have a Windows Mobile 6 device, Money 2007 and Vista Ultimate 64 bit OS. After installing Cash Organizer Premium 2007, the device and WMDC won't sync. They try to sync fopr a few seconds, then fail with error messages that the sync failed. If I try to go into the settings on the desktop for Cash Organizer Sync, it reports that there are no options available to change. This occurs with both 7.23 and the latest 7.25 beta.
DaleReeck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to metion, I tried rebooting both the Pocket PC and the workstation.
brett.howard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat but with WM5AKU3.5
DaleReeck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone from support going to address this issue?
onewheel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine does the same :-

cash organiser 7.23
windows vista
windows mobile 6

no db has been transferred to mobile device. And in mobile device centre there are no settings for cash organiser, but it is listed.
camstech

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Microsoft does it again Reply with quote

After a successful run with WM5 (Dopod 810), Vista Business and Money 6, I have just upgraded the Dopod to WM6. This is a genuine Dopod ROM update. One guess; I can't get any synchronisation with CO7. It won't even start to sync, just says Error with Cash Organiser. CO appears in WMDC, but when you click "settings" it just says "There are no settings. Thereafter, the Settings dialog box disappears.
Good one Microsoft! Another upgrade which destroys everything before it.
Wasyl, please help.
Oh, and one other thing. WM6 causes the device ID to change. This happened for all my registered programs, CO7, Destinator 6, Iambic Vehicle Manager. All of them now show a different Device ID so every one must be re-registered. Bugger!
onewheel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also just had a go with the latest spb finance. This also claims no settings available in windows mobile centre. So is the the problem with the latest Windows mobile device centre and not windows mobile 6.

Is it just failing to see my MS money install ??

Last edited by onewheel on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Microsoft does it again Reply with quote

camstech wrote:
WM6 causes the device ID to change.

Why not to request a new code?
camstech

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: WMDC not the problem Reply with quote

I haven't changed the WMDC since I upgraded to WM6. Under WM5, the latest Device Centre did have a functional "settings" button and I could select which MS Money accounts to Sync. The only change I made was to WM6.
WM6 has made some fairly deep changes to the operating system, resutling in changing the Device ID so it is of no surprise that it isn't working. I also cannot get at least one other program (Vehicle Manager) to sync either and I have never had previous problems with that. Crying or Very sad
I will try to set up the program on my Win XP laptop to see if I have better luck with Activesync 4.5.
We W8s.
camstech

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: New Code Reply with quote

Thanks Wasyl,
When I get the sync working I will certainly request a new code but that, at present, is a secondary issue. It installs and works as a standalone program, but I really need it to sync with Money.
WM6 means I have to request new codes for many programs. I hope all are as understanding as Inesoft.
camstech

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: WM6 Not the problem Reply with quote

Weekends are for wasting time with Pocket PCs....not! Horizontal rain did make staying indoors easier though.
I set up another partnership with my WM6 Dopod that wasn't working with Vista WMDC, and behold, everything works with Win XP and Activesync 4.5. The settings can be accessed, data is transferred reliably and all is well. Therefore WM6 in itself is not a problem with CO7 (Latest Beta).
Now, further to this, the very same PC with Vista and WMDC will work with a WM5 device. I have my Jasjar WM5 working well with CO7.
The issue is therefore with the combination of a WM6 ROM and WMDC. M$ have perhaps implemented some new security system in the WM6 driver that prevents CO from gaining access to WMDC perhaps??
onewheel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the latest beta version dated 31-aug does exactly the same ' no settings available' in WMDC version 6.1

any fix yet ?????????????????????

Last edited by onewheel on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimmysoh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same problem. have also send a few emails to the support. but they didn't even bother to reply.

I am now looking around for another software to replace...
richabis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Sync error between MS Money 2007 & Cash Org 7.23 on WM6 Reply with quote

Same sync error and no solution yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I upgraded my XDA's OS to WM6 and Inesoft Cash Organizer 2007 Premium is not synchronizing with Microsoft Money 2007 operating on Vista 32-bit.
I even performed several hard resets and uninstalled/reinstalled Windows mobile device center but still had the same Sync error.

Please advise

Richard
camstech

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Gave Up and went back to WM5 Reply with quote

After three weeks of frustration, I re-flashed my Dopod to the original WM5 ROM. Bingo, CO7 immediately works again. Same Money, same computer, same WMDC, only difference was WM5.
I'll wait for WM6 problems to be solved before trying again. Problem is that Inesoft don't actually seem to see that WM6 and Vista are a problem.
We W8z Sad
arthur.yu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: CO 7.29.6 Still don't sync Reply with quote

Same as before

WM6, Dopod P800 (aka HTC3300), MONEY 2007, VISTA HOME PREMIUM
Skilover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Windows Mobile 6, Vista Don't Sync Reply with quote

DaleReeck wrote:
I have a Windows Mobile 6 device, Money 2007 and Vista Ultimate 64 bit OS. After installing Cash Organizer Premium 2007, the device and WMDC won't sync. They try to sync fopr a few seconds, then fail with error messages that the sync failed. If I try to go into the settings on the desktop for Cash Organizer Sync, it reports that there are no options available to change. This occurs with both 7.23 and the latest 7.25 beta.

Same thing, the latest beta doesn't work either, beta 7.29, November, 2007. Mine is Vista 32 bit, using Samsung i760 WM6 phone.
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows Mobile 6, Vista Don't Sync Reply with quote

A new beta version is being prepared (in one-two days), it will try to find out all problems during synchronization. When available, I will post a message with instructions and a download link.
Skilover

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I will wait for this before giving up on you! Please make the post obvious, so we know it is out there.
Nathan
Skilover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's the NEW beta coming? If this isn't happening soon, I will need to move on to another solution to keeping bank information on a PDA.
Thank you.
doublel12a

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Any news on the sync fixes? Reply with quote

Is there any update on the beta that is being worked on?

I think all those affected would appreciate an update.

Thanks.

Lilia
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Any news on the sync fixes? Reply with quote

The latest English beta version is
CashOrgEnPremium.exe 21-Dec-2007 07:10 6.0M

It creates a log file on disk C:, please email it to support [at] inesoft.com if any error happened during data synchronization on a Vista machine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer Beta All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: