• Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - Upgrade

Upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HMHH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Upgrade Reply with quote

I have a large amount of data on my CO 2006. What is the likelyhood of data coruption if I upgrade to CO 2007? Should I wait for a while?
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Upgrade Reply with quote

HMHH wrote:
I have a large amount of data on my CO 2006. What is the likelyhood of data coruption if I upgrade to CO 2007? Should I wait for a while?

Why not to backup your financial data first? Run Cash Organizer on your mobile device and select the Tools/File/Backup menu item to open data backup window.

There's a possibility to save two backup files at a time, for example:
1. To My Documents in main memory - if File synchronization is enabled in ActiveSync, the file will be copied automatically to your PC;
2. On a memory card - it's safer than the device memory.

Cash Organizer 2007 can restore backup files created by all previous versions.
HMHH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, my initial question was probably unclear. My concern is more on the database itself. Does the new version modify the structure of the database? For example, I tried upgrading to version 6.98.5 from 6.98.4 and that upgrade corrupted my budget values and I had to revert to version 6.98.4 and reinput all my budget values again. Could this or similar problems happen in version 2007?
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HMHH wrote:
Sorry, my initial question was probably unclear. My concern is more on the database itself. Does the new version modify the structure of the database? For example, I tried upgrading to version 6.98.5 from 6.98.4 and that upgrade corrupted my budget values and I had to revert to version 6.98.4 and reinput all my budget values again. Could this or similar problems happen in version 2007?

You will need to re-organize your budget after upgrading. Cash Organizer 2007 does not support MultiBudgets (built on categories and projects) anymore, so all projects will be deleted from budgets (not from database). That change was caused by compatibility with MS Money budgets.

Budget is the only feature that was downgraded in Cash Organizer 2007.
HMHH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame! I use the multibudget featurs for my business and it works beautifully. can't it be a synchronization option? I have stopped synchronizing with MS Money because it does not support multilevel projects which my business requires. Today I only use CO. Do you guys have plans for a desktop version?
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HMHH wrote:
What a shame!

No other developer could follow the innovation and implement such a feature. We were forced to downgrade the budgets to make it compatible with other desktop software. We will think how the budgets can be improved.

Quote:
Do you guys have plans for a desktop version?

All depends on how many requests we'll receive.
Ummagumma

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that. Please keep the project-based budget, even if as a "non-sync" option. It was one of the major winning points for me when I chose CO over "the other" program.
emiliocb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasyl wrote:
HMHH wrote:

You will need to re-organize your budget after upgrading. Cash Organizer 2007 does not support MultiBudgets (built on categories and projects) anymore, so all projects will be deleted from budgets (not from database). That change was caused by compatibility with MS Money budgets.

Budget is the only feature that was downgraded in Cash Organizer 2007.

Hi,

I don´t understand because I download the new Cash Organizar and in his manual I read that this facture continues (page 24, point 14.3), is that to say I can select categories and subcategories and assigned one project (pont 14.5) to the budget. Therefore, please, can you explain me this. Thank you very much Wink
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emiliocb wrote:
Therefore, please, can you explain me this.

That point was not corrected. My fault. Confused
emiliocb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasyl wrote:
emiliocb wrote:
Therefore, please, can you explain me this.

That point was not corrected. My fault. Confused

Then, Can you explain me how can I use the Budget tool in this version Question

Sorry, But I can´t find this information in the new manual.

Thank you very much Wink
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emiliocb wrote:
Then, Can you explain me how can I use the Budget tool in this version Question

There is only one change: budgets are not being filtered by projects. That's all.
skalicky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Budget sync Reply with quote

Hi,
everything now seems to work fine with
CO 7.14.2 beta
Money 2007
EXCEPT the budget items. Whatever I do (entering budget groups in Money OR in CO) the next synchronization will give surrealistic results (budget groups that were never entered and the like, figures all wrong) and will finally result in an error from AS (4.1)
Since everythin els works, there must be a bug in the budget item section!
best regards
Peter
Austria
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Budget sync Reply with quote

skalicky wrote:
EXCEPT the budget items. Whatever I do (entering budget groups in Money OR in CO) the next synchronization will give surrealistic results (budget groups that were never entered and the like, figures all wrong) and will finally result in an error from AS (4.1)
Since everythin els works, there must be a bug in the budget item section!
best regards
Peter

MS Money supports only two groups: Income and Expense. In Cash Organizer should not be created more groups to be able to synchronize budgets properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: