Russia
  • News
  • Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - Bug in one of the reports?

Bug in one of the reports?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rangali

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Bug in one of the reports? Reply with quote

Hi,

today I realized the following...

(a) I'm paying on a monthly base a certain amount from one of my accounts to another account (which is also tracked by Cash Organizer).

(b) I have a budget group for "fix cost", where I'm tapping on "Add/Del Categories". At the end of my category list I have all my accounts listed, and I'm able to check that specific account, I'm regularly paying to, as "TO account name".

(c) Then I'm going to reports and select the report "Budget Monthly". I'm selecting then, under "budget", my "fix cost" budget, and have the report display all positions.

(d) Surprisingly the amount I'm getting in that report ist different, compared to what I'm seeing under "Actual" for that budget group in tab "Budget".

Instead of "TO account name" I'm getting here "FROM account name", which is obviously not logic, since I'm paying regularly TO another account, and not FROM the other account.

What I'm traying to say is... the amount I'm seeing under the tab "Budget" for my budget group "fix cost" is NOT the same compared to what I'm seeing in the report "Budget Monthly", when selecting my budget group "fix cost".

All "categories" are 100% correct, but NOT the position, that represents the transfer from an account to another account.

Any idea?

Rangali
Rangali

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

it's me again... just trying to make my observation a bit more clear.

First of all I'm using CO 8.00.6 on an iPAQ 4150 (WM 2003).

As said, I'm always having transfers

Account 1 ====> Account 2 (and never the other direction).

In my budget group "fix cost" I activated the categorie "TO Account 2", and everything's displayed correctly under tab "Budget".

In the Report "Budget Monthly" however, I'm seeing now the problem, that I'm getting an entry for "FROM Account 2" (instead of TO Account 2), when displaiung budget "fix cost".

This entry displays weird numbers for "Actual", which are stupid, since I'm never transfering anything "FROM Account 2".

Taping on this entry and selecting "View Report" says "Report is Empty", despite of the fact, that I'm seeing an amount under "Actual".

Rangali
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but what transfers in Budgets for? The transfer is not an income and not an expense and does not change the total balance. How are you going to process transfers?
Rangali

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Wasyl,

thanks a lot for your fast response!

To make it hopefully more clear... I'm having a "savings agreement" with my bank, and I'm transferring (paying) every month a certain amount from our "payroll account" into that savings agreement.

Cash Organizer could obviously handle a regular payment to an "external payee", but I've added my "savings agreement" as an account in CO, since I'm interested to see, how this "account" develops over time.

So...

(a) For sure a regular transfer needs to be budgeted (a monthly payment of several hundred EUR should be considered in a budget)

(b) Independently from the fact, whether it's senseful what I'm doing or not, I just wanted to let you know, that there must be a bug in CO's arithemtics.

As said, withing the budget tab everyting's displayed and calculated correctly! But when analyzing a budget by "Report"... the calculated amounts are totally weird (I don't even know, where the particular figures are coming from).

(c) If you think, a transfer isn't worth to be budgeted, you shouldn't allow users to select from transfers, when setting up a budget.

Rangali
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rangali wrote:
I'm having a "savings agreement" with my bank, and I'm transferring (paying) every month a certain amount from our "payroll account" into that savings agreement.

Transfers and payments are different meanings. Within your financial database no transfer is a payment.

Rangali wrote:
For sure a regular transfer needs to be budgeted

Transfers and budgets are incompatible things. You may budget only real incomes and expenses.

Rangali wrote:
If you think, a transfer isn't worth to be budgeted, you shouldn't allow users to select from transfers, when setting up a budget.

My opinion is unimportant, I do not establish finance calculation rules Smile
And it's our mistake that Cash Organizer allows to select transfers in budgets.

It's not a bad will, but this is the way how it was organized years before us and nobody is going to change it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: