• Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - AB persisting bug and root causes found

AB persisting bug and root causes found

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Inesoft Address Book Beta
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bananana

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: AB persisting bug and root causes found Reply with quote

I have been using AB since 1.4x to now 3.0, I appreciated the excellent features but there is a long time bug killing me:
The custom field data will "disappear" after new PC sync process. now it seem I found the root cause and hope Inesoft team can fix it:

Here a typical Note contents in my contacts:

----------------------------------
Note contents here

== start pim information ==
People:
[公司: 駿昇科技(中國)有限公司]
[祖籍: 寶安松崗, 屬虎1962]
Date:
[1st Contact: 2004.03.01]
== end pim information ==
-----------------------------------

As you know, the upper part is normal note data, the lower part is used to store custom field data.

When I sync with different computer (I have 2 desktop computers need to sync with my PDA, one is Vista, another is XP), after that, there will be "blank line " inserted in front of and also after the upper part data, like following:

----------------------------------
(this line is new inserted)
Note contents here

== start pim information ==
People:
[公司: 駿昇科技(中國)有限公司]
[祖籍: 寶安松崗, 屬虎1962]
Date:
[1st Contact: 2004.03.01]
== end pim information ==
-----------------------------------

Now, the AB will not show custom field and data, if I manually delete them (only the first inserted line is needed to delete), the custom fields data will shown again in AB.

And the inserted blank line will accumulate from time to time.

I found when I input contents in Note (normal note data), after save, AB will deliberately add a blank line in front, this could be a bug.

Finally I tested with more contacts, I concluded in some case, (too many) blank lines after upper Note data will also disable the custom data.

I have 1800 contacts in my PDA, It makes me crazy..........

Can you fix this bug and find a solution to eliminate all these "unwanted blank lines" in Note data?
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: AB persisting bug and root causes found Reply with quote

bananana wrote:
When I sync with different computer (I have 2 desktop computers need to sync with my PDA, one is Vista, another is XP), after that, there will be "blank line " inserted in front of and also after the upper part data, like following...

Inesoft Address Book does not synchronize data, it can only write data to PDA contact database when you save it. If the note field was modified (ActiveSync or WMDC is responsible for data transfer between devices) was modified after synchronization, it can only read data. If the format was lost, no custom field will be visible.
bananana

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevertheless..........I just want to get the problem fixed, can you?
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananana wrote:
nevertheless..........I just want to get the problem fixed, can you?

The last beta version allows to export contacts to vcard. Can you please export the problem contact into a file and forward it to support @ inesoft . com?
bananana

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to get the AB3 beta? btw, now I found the inserted blank line is not caused by Activesync, it's casued by AB, when I edit the note field by AB, AB will add new blank line in Note field
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Inesoft Address Book Beta All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: