• Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - Cash Organizer desktop version

Cash Organizer desktop version
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you need a desktop version of Cash Organizer?
No, I'm happy with MS Money.
14%
 14%  [ 12 ]
No, Im happy with Quicken.
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
I need no financial manager on my PC
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Yes, I need a PC version of Cash Organizer
81%
 81%  [ 69 ]
Total Votes : 85

michel.matos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like CO very much and in my humble opinion is the almost perfect PPC software to manager a financial life. The CO desktop version would be very nice, but not sure if it would be very good to me once I just use MS software to keep a second backup data of my CO files and the PPC version is very good enough for me.
By other hand, I would like to sugest to make a more visible warning about schedueled transctions, for example, making the CO to open an appointment of the upcoming schedule transaction. Not sure if I was clear enough. Sometimes it's not very useful only see if there is one or more upcoming transaction, once I have many, I think like everyone else. So, sometimes I just don't look many times enough to know if a payment is about to ocur or not. But the calendar is a place where I would know for sure about a payment. Or maybe the today screen would fire an alarm about a payment...? The today plugin hides too much information and I have to hurry a lot in my bussines day to stop, open the today plugin and look. Usually I open CO only at night and, in this case, the payment was delayed!!! The calendar I open almost all the time to see what I have to do next. Would be very usefull to know that I have to pay something... Anyway, CO is my choice from about one year and I still like it a more than others similars software. You inesoft crew have my thank you!
Alsavi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Desktop Version Reply with quote

Although I may agree that a desktop version of CO, provided it has the same functionalities of the PPC version, would be much better than MS Money, I believe it is no worth the effort because of the reasons mentioned before by others in this forum, particularly reluctance of current MS Money users to migrate to another financial application.

I think it would be a better use of your resources to continue improving on the PPC version.

The feature that annoys me most when synching with MS Money is the currency conversion. I have in my PPC CO version all the original transactions I make in the original currency (I use four currencies), but in MS Money they are all converted and saved in the dafault currency which is US Dollars. This is useful to compare apples to apples, but at the individual transaction level, I need to keep them in their original currency for evaluation purposes, reconciliation with bank statements, budgeting, accuracy and so on. That wouldn't be an issue if you can do these tasks from the PPC version, but if you have to reset the databases in your PPC or reinstall due to computer, OS, device or disk upgrades which necessarily happen from time to time, then this is a big concern.
adbell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: If not a Desktop App; and XML file? Reply with quote

Like most others, I would love to see an Desktop companion of CO which syncs with the Mobile version. I've tried Money and Quicken over the years and am not a fan.

I'd like to be able to enter and import data sometimes on my PC, but the main reasons for the desktop companion would be:
* Being able to generate useful reports for formatting/printing on my desktop.
* Having a frequent backup of my data via Activesync.

However, if Inesoft does not want to go down this path - how about having the Activesync sychronise with an XML file that is located on the desktop. I'm pretty sure this should be possible, it wouldn't require them building a whole desktop application, and with MS Excel 2007, it would be possible to open this XML file to gain access to the raw data.

Cheers
adbell
fcasoli

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: why desktop version? Reply with quote

I do not use Money, so the desktop version of CO will be very nice to edit or view when I'm working on my PC.
I hope it will be available in 2008... Wink
voronaam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but please consider Linux version. At least try to make Wine-compatible version.

And thanks a lot for the CO!
iant54

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on a desktop version - I'm desperate for a program that works the way CO does on a Pocket PC!
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iant54 wrote:
Any news on a desktop version

Inesoft Phone 5 is going to be released very soon and then we will start working on Cash Organizer 2009 and a PC version.
Freddy

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy I can't wait!
fcasoli

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: pc versione, welcome Reply with quote

I tested compatibility with Microsoft Money, the last version, it is not complete, so, I pusch to have a desk version of this splendid application...
MiguelR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, I want it.

Microsoft Money wonґt be supported nor evolved anymore. And for people outside the US, it has lots of unuseful features.

I would pay to forget about Money and reduce the huge space the money databases take. My only concern is the need to keep all my historical data.
MiguelR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

Any news on CO 2009 (2010) and CO desktop?

Thanks,

Miguel
emiliocb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other topic, Wasyl said on May 17, 2010:

"A beta version of Cash Organizer for PC will be released in the near future, but right now we do not work on mobile versions" Laughing Shocked
tema

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiguelR wrote:
Any news on CO 2009 (2010) and CO desktop?

(2011) Very Happy Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: