Russia
  • News
  • Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - Just upgraded...

Just upgraded...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magxs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Just upgraded... Reply with quote

Congratulations for the new release! Really like the new look and Payee support. Just purchased the upgrade.

However, as nice as the new version is, I am really disappointed by the fact that Windows Mobile 5 softkeys are still not supported. CashOrganizer is the only application I use that does not support softkeys. Overall support for hardware keys is still quite limited - just as in the old version. As a user of the Palm Treo I was hoping for an improvement here. Perhaps for a future release?

Also, I noticed a small bug which survived from CO 2005. It relates to reports (list layout, graph is ok) on square screen devices or when using landscape mode. When scrolling down, the entire screen scrolls, including the horizontal scroll bar. I have a screenshot, but can't figure out how to upload a jpg. I can email it - let me know.

Will have to try Money sync over the weekend. Syncing the budget is a huge improvement. Looking forward to that.

Thanks for the great work!

Magxs
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Just upgraded... Reply with quote

magxs wrote:
CashOrganizer is the only application I use that does not support softkeys.

Sometimes you can loose more than gain with improvements like soft keys.
With soft keys you will gain access to Options, File and some more, not often used features. And will loose many buttons from the menu bar. It's rather difficult use Cash Organizer without a stylus anyway. I hope the Express module will recompense that.
magxs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point. CO offers way too much functionality to make it completely stylus-free. However, there could be a balance between the two worlds. PocketInformant is a good example of combining vast functionality with one-handedness. It also lets the user choose between the classic button bar and softkeys.

It would also help (maybe even more than softkeys) if there was better support for the 4-way-key. In most cases left/right doesn't do anything. It could switch between tabs, for example. Also, for devices with keyboards, the backspace key could navigate back from the register to the account list. It's things like this that would greatly improve ease of use - at least for me. Just want to leave this with you to consider for the future.

There is a small issue I noticed in budgets. At the bottom it shows the "remainder". However, it doesn't seem to be the remainder, but the total of the actuals. The remainder (difference between budget and actual) is not shown anywhere anymore. CO 2005 also showed a percentage of how much of the budget was already used.

Other than that I really enjoy the new version! It is much faster than the old one. Fantastic product.

Many thanks
Magxs
magxs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magxs wrote:

There is a small issue I noticed in budgets. At the bottom it shows the "remainder". However, it doesn't seem to be the remainder, but the total of the actuals. The remainder (difference between budget and actual) is not shown anywhere anymore. CO 2005 also showed a percentage of how much of the budget was already used.

Never mind this. I just worked it out. I synced with Money and can see there what the concept is. Got it now.

Cheers
Magxs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: