• Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - A few small kinks

A few small kinks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ummagumma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: A few small kinks Reply with quote

There are a few small things that bug me in the new version.

1) If I have a Category filled in transaction dialog, and I click the drop down triangle, the Category list shows from top, instead of showing the selected category.

2) If I start typing category name, and this category has several sub-categories, only a couple of them are shown in dynamic list. E.g. if I start typing "Tax" I see this:

Tax
City
Telephone

If I want to select any sub-category other than "City" I have to select Tax first, return to the transaction entry dialog, then click on Category dropdown once more, this time it would show all sub-categories under "Tax", not just one. It's the same with any other category that has several subs.

3) There seems to be a memory fight between CO and Calligrapher. Every now & then if I try to write in Note or Category field and it starts searching for a match, CO just hangs for over a minute. This doesn't happen when using Keyboard SIP.

Axim X52V, CO 7.2 beta.

Thanks !

[/b]
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: A few small kinks Reply with quote

Ummagumma wrote:
If I have a Category filled in transaction dialog, and I click the drop down triangle, the Category list shows from top, instead of showing the selected category.

Yes, if a category is selected and you re-open the list, Cash Organizer brings you a full list.

Ummagumma wrote:
If I start typing category name, and this category has several sub-categories, only a couple of them are shown in dynamic list. E.g. if I start typing "Tax" I see...

You see only categories that contain "tax" string. You see a filtered list!

Ummagumma wrote:
There seems to be a memory fight between CO and Calligrapher. Every now & then if I try to write in Note or Category field and it starts searching for a match, CO just hangs for over a minute.

There's no fight. Even if you have thousands categories, Cash Organizer needs a moment to filter the list, it just waits for Calligrapher's response.
Ummagumma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A few small kinks Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
If I have a Category filled in transaction dialog, and I click the drop down triangle, the Category list shows from top, instead of showing the selected category.

Yes, if a category is selected and you re-open the list, Cash Organizer brings you a full list.

What I mean, though, is it would be much more convenient to bring up a list with this category selected. If this is possible, of course.

Quote:
Quote:
If I start typing category name, and this category has several sub-categories, only a couple of them are shown in dynamic list. E.g. if I start typing "Tax" I see...

You see only categories that contain "tax" string. You see a filtered list!

I understand that, but if I type "Tax", that is a main category, shouldn't all Sub-categories under "Tax" be shown, too ? This would save three extra taps.

Quote:
Ummagumma wrote:
There seems to be a memory fight between CO and Calligrapher. Every now & then if I try to write in Note or Category field and it starts searching for a match, CO just hangs for over a minute.

There's no fight. Even if you have thousands categories, Cash Organizer needs a moment to filter the list, it just waits for Calligrapher's response.

OK, perhaps I wasn't clear. I am not trying to blame CO for this behavior, simply stating that it and Calligrapher don't seem to be playing along nicely when matching payees (it happens mainly in Payee - I mistakenly referred to it as "Note"). I am curious if others have the same problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: