• Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - Questions related to Chinese WM5

Questions related to Chinese WM5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Inesoft Phone - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A_C

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Questions related to Chinese WM5 Reply with quote

Hi, I've tried both version 1.66 & 1.67. Both version's CallerID cannot identify "Unknown" & "Private" callers in my device. I think it may be because of the Chinese WM5. For your info, the Chinese words of "Unknown caller" is "無法辨識的通話者" while "Private caller" is "未知的號碼". Could you fix it?

Besides, for the new Skin function, I've tried the PC program with the attribute "phoneonly", but it seems not work & nothing comes out.

P.S. my device is Asus P535 running Chinese WM5

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,
A_C
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions related to Chinese WM5 Reply with quote

It's possible to identify is a caller's number hidden or unknown if your operator sends that data to your phone.
A_C

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Questions related to Chinese WM5 Reply with quote

Wasyl wrote:
It's possible to identify is a caller's number hidden or unknown if your operator sends that data to your phone.

Hi Wasyl, thank you for your quick response.

Yes, my operator did send that hidden caller to my phone. But it seems the Chinese OS has sent the data in Chinese characters to your program. Then Inessoft AB treats it as type 4 (phone number detected, not present in contacts).

That's just my findings or guessing.

Regards,
A_C
A_C

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've captured a few screens for your reference...
1. created a Skin - when it's Unknown

2. the look when it's Private

3. the look when it's regarded as type 4

4. normal call with contact details & photo

5. private call but treated as type 4 by AB

Regards,
A_C
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions related to Chinese WM5 Reply with quote

A_C wrote:
Yes, my operator did send that hidden caller to my phone.

No operator can guarantee you that, especially if a call comes from another network.

A_C wrote:
But it seems the Chinese OS has sent the data in Chinese characters to your program.

"無法辨識的通話者" or something like this? Absolutely not. 0 or 1 flags and not Chinese symbols.
A_C

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wasyl

I did a small test: I used another mobile to call my pda. Both are using the same operator.

Firstly, a normal call is made, the CallerID could identify the call & display the caller's info & photo.

Secondly, I made a call with prefix 133 to hide the identity, this time the CallerID identified this private call as type 4 and showed "未知的號碼"; no phone no. & no unknown photo.

Could you let me know why the result is that? How to make CallerID to identify unknown call or private call? so that it can screen those junk phone calls.

Thanks,
A_C
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A_C wrote:
Could you let me know why the result is that? How to make CallerID to identify unknown call or private call? so that it can screen those junk phone calls.

You should ask your mobile operator. But there could be many reasons. For example, your operator does not allow to inform a person you're calling to that you want to hide your number.
A_C

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasyl wrote:
You should ask your mobile operator. But there could be many reasons. For example, your operator does not allow to inform a person you're calling to that you want to hide your number.

Hi Wasyl,
Thank you for your replies. I think we've been wasting our times in this issue. I don't know what the problem is, maybe because of my poor English. I really wants to help you guys to enhance the compatibility of AB to work in different environments. Instead, I have to blame my operator now.

Anyway, I give it up. I've bought another tiny program that fulfil my need - screen those unknown calls. I'll not expose that program name here, but if anyone really want to know, please pm me.

Finally, thank you Inesoft for making such a great program. I especially like the 2 features: 1. crop any pic you want for the contact photo & sync with Outlook; 2. custom your own CallerID skin. Keep it up!

Cheers,
A_C
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A_C wrote:
I don't know what the problem is

The problem is the "Private number" presentation feature may work, but not must. Nothing can guarantee that including your cell network operator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Inesoft Phone - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: