• Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - Cash Organizer desktop version

Cash Organizer desktop version
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you need a desktop version of Cash Organizer?
No, I'm happy with MS Money.
14%
 14%  [ 12 ]
No, Im happy with Quicken.
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
I need no financial manager on my PC
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Yes, I need a PC version of Cash Organizer
81%
 81%  [ 69 ]
Total Votes : 85

Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Cash Organizer desktop version Reply with quote

We receive many questions about a desktop version of Cash Organizer. Before you select the "I need a desktop version of Cash Organizer", please read this:

* It will not be free;
* No tax functionality or online services;
* Investment accounts + online updates - we are going to implement this functionality in Cash Organizer for Pocket PC and it will be available in a desktop version;
* Relieble synchronization, exactly the same databases on PC and Pocket PC;
* True reports on your desktop computer, based on currency exchange rate history.

We took no decisiont to develop a desktop version of Cash Organizer yet.

Last edited by Wasyl on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spuddey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your PPC product is far superior to the Microsoft desk top version! The ability to put my personal information onto microsofts servers does not interest me - a solid reliable and flexible piece of software does - bring it on!

Spuddey
Ummagumma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash Organizer desktop version Reply with quote

Quote:
We receive many questions about a desktop version of Cash Organizer. Before you select the "I need a desktop version of Cash Organizer", please read this:

* It will not be free;

Nor it's expected to be.

Quote:

The tax feature, esp. "What if", is very useful but not a top priority, at least for me.

I am not sure what you mean by "online services" as it appears in the following sentence you have covered most of what we do online with MS Money:

Quote:
Investment accounts + online updates - we are going to implement this functionality in Cash Organizer for Pocket PC and it will be available in a desktop version;

I assume the investment accounts are going to be synced with MS Money ? This is the major functionality improvement I am looking for - without it, CO simply doesn't provide a complete financial solution on PDA.

Quote:
* True reports on your desktop computer, based on currency exchange rate history.

[/quote]

To be honest - and I can only speak for myself - I'd much rather see a tighter integration with MS Money, especially in investments and loans. I also personally think this would be a better commercial decision. Money, with all its shortcomings, has a huge customer base, which is currently open to CO. Most of them will be very hesitant to switch to a different desktop solution - for a variety of reasons. The development and maintenance of a desktop version of CO would be an expensive and resourse-heavy undertaking with no guaranteed returns. I am sure you'll benefit more by making CO more integrated with Money, and letting MS design your desktop application for you.
kelecece

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have a desktop verison of cash organizer. It would be nice if the pc users could get a discount price on the desktop verison
mbrunet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: That can be an excellent idea Reply with quote

If you are going to work in this software I advice you consider this topics:

- Incluide a Cash Flow report where we can select accounts, projects, categories, etc. In that case you can see Inicial and final net worth, income and expenses in the period so you can sava to much time in prepare this report. If you develop a report that compare the real cash flow with a budget can be an excelent tool in order to make decitions inmediately.

- Budget. If you have the same flexibility about budgets as in the 2005 version can be helpfull for everyone.

I hope you consider it because the 2007 new version didn't like for the budget problem.

Regards Mr. Green
mbrunet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: I forgot something Reply with quote

If you consider some financial analyses like NPV(Net present value), NFV (Net future value), IRR (internal rate return) can be very helpfull. It can be easy if you have the cash flow period.

It can be an aditional tool to make decitions.

For example:

If you have the chance to prepare a budget proyect for a period, you can determinate that indicators, you can make decitions inmediately in case that te projects are good or bad in a negotiations with other people.

Remember that some times we just have a sorth period to make decitions and your product can be helfull like right now.

Regards Laughing
skalicky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Desktop version Reply with quote

It is true that Money has a huge user community but I want to share my data files with my PPC utility and not with other Money users.
I would gladly switch from Money to a desktop CO when it would be available (and of course buy it!).
Synchronisation is a high priority for me and my experience is that this works only smoothly and stable when the desktop and the PPC are from the same breed.
Peter
Austria
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Desktop version Reply with quote

skalicky wrote:
not with other Money users.

I don't think your financial data is being shared with other Money users; however sending data to the web (using the Live ID password) is not acceptable for me too. That just makes me sure that nobody can use my financial data for analyzing or steal my account, and if I need to check my account balances, a mobile device in my pocket is better and safer than the online service.

Many Money online services are useless outside the USA anyway. And no program will be able to connect my online banking services automatically, because my access password is being changed once a minute, what is much safer than a constant password.
YosiKarl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I would probably buy a desktop version.

• A must have for me is support for non-latin characters (MS Money supports Hebrew characters; so did the trial version of Cash Organizer 2005 - as you may recall, I am still waiting for your assistance in installing the version I bought, I do not know if that one supports Hebrew characters or not).
  • I would expect a desktop/ppc paired sluion to support scheduled transactions.
  • I would also expect such a pair to sync transactions, not the whole database (I mean, if I entered transaction A in desktop, and transaction B on the ppc, after sync I would expect to see both transaction on both databases).
  • I would definitely need to try before I buy. And by 'try', I mean an option to convert my MS-Money database and work for a while with the converted database.
  • Since I am not american, the on-line features of MS-Money are useless for me anyway. The Tax features are useless, too.
  • A feature that MS-Money lacks and that would make me fall in love with a replacement is the ability to set a scheduled transaction for monthly paying all my credit card due balance from my bank acount. Note that this is a scheduled transaction where the amount is not known in advance.
  • Another imporatnt feature that I feel ms-moey is missing is the following: If on a certain date I adjusted my account with a known balance, and later I added a missing transaction for a date prior to the adjustment date, the adjustment transaction's sum should change so that the balance remains the same. Not as ms-money does, where the adjustment transaction's sum remains fixed, and the balance changes.
Ummagumma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Desktop version Reply with quote

skalicky wrote:
It is true that Money has a huge user community but I want to share my data files with my PPC utility and not with other Money users.
I would gladly switch from Money to a desktop CO when it would be available (and of course buy it!).
Synchronisation is a high priority for me and my experience is that this works only smoothly and stable when the desktop and the PPC are from the same breed.
Peter

What I was referring to is the potential market for CO & Money vs CO & CO.

I.e. there's probably millions of people who already have Money and just bought a PDA. Having a product that incorporates well with MS Money lets developer tap into that market. It also lets them to concentrate their resources on one product, while benefiting from MS developing the desktop part essentially free for them. Of course, they have to make changes every now and then to match latest MS changes, and they have no control over direction MS may take.

Now, think of a separate desktop version. A lot of people, who already have years of data in MS, will be very hesitant to switch completely to a new product. Even if it allows a seamless transfer of data, which I highly doubt. So, either CO would have to continue to sync to both Money and CO desktop, which would take lots of developer and support resources, or it would become a small niche product. Just look at AceMoney - essentially CO would be competing with them for a smaller market, rather than competing with SPB Finance and a handful of others for a much larger market.
bubbagump

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like a rather steep uphill battle to try to compete with Microsoft or Intuit on this one. They both have a pretty good handle on desktop financial software - both products are rather mature, both companies have partnerships with companies that provide powerful tools for investment management... it would be a huge money sink to try to come up to speed with products that are already a decade (or more) matured, even if some folks question the quality, those products' popularity and marketability alone would make pursuit of development of a desktop product, from a business perspective, highly unwise.
Ummagumma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bubbagump wrote:
It seems like a rather steep uphill battle to try to compete with Microsoft or Intuit on this one. They both have a pretty good handle on desktop financial software - both products are rather mature, both companies have partnerships with companies that provide powerful tools for investment management... it would be a huge money sink to try to come up to speed with products that are already a decade (or more) matured, even if some folks question the quality, those products' popularity and marketability alone would make pursuit of development of a desktop product, from a business perspective, highly unwise.

There's also a number of already established competing products of decent quality (e.g. MoneyDance, AceMoney etc.) and they, at best, just nibble at the "Big Two"'s customer base.

I don't know what chances a newcomer into that market would have. It would need to offer something that adds value the other products don't have. Simply having a PDA-Desktop bundle won't cut it, imho, as some other products offer it either with their desktop client, or with M/Q. To develop this product would require a lot of funds and resources - just imagine what same funds and resources could do when applied to the PDA version.

Imho, what any PDA financial product lacks is the ability to do on PDA all tasks that one can do on the Desktop, at least when it comes to data entry.

Most people don't have time in the evening to spend entering the details of their 401K into Money. When they have some free time, say at lunch, they are away from home. I always wanted to be able to take the PDA and enter all info I keep in the financial application, using desktop for tasks that require a lot of computing power (e.g. detailed reporting and forecasting).

So far, there's not one product I know of that can do it. AceMoney can do some tasks with investments, but is pretty limited; SPB Finance can show investments, but not much more, and I found its sync unreliable. Nobody does mortgage accounts with payment schedule adjustment for extra principal payment (a fairly common task), or VAR mortgages, or decent investment entry, or 401K specific type investments, etc.

The first developer who gets a product out that can do all kinds of account creation and data entry that can be done on the desktop will win the market, IMHO.

Sorry for the long post.
mhamdy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash Organizer desktop version Reply with quote

Sure I will buy Desktop version of CashOrganizer

Wasyl wrote:

* It will not be free;
* Investment accounts + online updates - we are going to implement this functionality in Cash Organizer for Pocket PC and it will be available in a desktop version;

andresgvc

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: I want Desktop Version Reply with quote

Yeah, it's great idea.
I hate MS Money, many unusefull options for me. I want a simple fullfeatured program like cash organizer.
Free? no matter. Just a good price.
From Mexico.
Andres
cmdkeen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I registered just for this topic Wink
I'm from Germany so I do not have the possibility to buy MS Money at all.
I would love (and pay for) a desktop version of CashOrganizer.
I'd volunteer for beta-testing; I don't think that the first versions of the desktop-version would even need online-banking access, I'd buy it without that.
I am kind of desperate since I can't manage my money on my computer at all, I'd have to use some software that I can't sync with CashOrganizer and I want to continue using CashOrganizer.
So... Please create a desktop version as soon as you can Wink

greetings from Germany,
cmdkeen
arabatzis@ath.forthnet.gr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You must proceed to Desktop Companion Version.
I am asking the desktop-version since 09/22/2004 (Reference Number: 6390887).

I agree with Andre from Mexico: Free? no matter. Just a good price.
Viper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it will solve the problem with the password bug when syncing, then I would love for one to be made.
DaleReeck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to be insulting because I appreciate your product, it's very nice, but maybe you guys should fix the issues with the PPC version first, especially Vista syncing, before worrying about a desktop version of CO. A number of people have posted issues with Vista syncing and no one has responded, not even with a "we're looking into it".
L0cutus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but ONLY if it were multiplatform !
(Linux included...)

Thanks.
Manuel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: CO better than MS Money and Quicken together Reply with quote

I have used Money all versions and Quicken. I find CO is so much better that I use a PDA to keep all my finances and projects, even though data entry is much slower this way. I use Pocket Controller to ease up data entry. A desktop version of CO will be fantastic.

I will be willing to pay for it, and the no taxes is no big deal.
slachizh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Да, очень нужна. И еще бы с возможностью импорта из xls-файлов, так как на ББ приходится вручную загонять все в другую прогу - АбилитиКеш, а так если бы удалось из него все перетащить в настольный КешОрг, было бы вооще чудесно - два брата акробатаSmile
rshadwell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Desktop version Reply with quote

Dear Sir:
I too would love to see a desktop version of Cash organizer. I tried MSMoney for a while, but it is extreme overkill for my needs. I use your ppc version for all my financial needs. The data entry is a little slow compared to using a desktop. Currently i use excel and save as a qif file then import it into cash org. I would buy a desktop version of cash organizer. please keep us informed, and as always, thank you for letting me use your most valuable resource, your time.
ravellar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Do you need a desktop version of Cash Organizer? Reply with quote

Please make a desktop version
I need it.
Please make it identical to the mobile version
the sooner the better
ravellar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will buy 5 copies, come on , make it
Freddy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please make the effort!
I would really like a desktop version!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: