• Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - Space Problem on Device

Space Problem on Device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Inesoft Phone - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ability to move caller ID pictures to Storage cards
Yes, is a good idea
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No, I don't care
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

jordebb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Space Problem on Device Reply with quote

Hi guys, I love your Product (AB), I'm just having a serious problem with the place of storage for the pics of the caller ID function. Crying or Very sad

I have an iPAQ 6515b, I am using 2 memory cards totaling 6GB, there is where I installed the address book, I also have there ALL the pictures I use on the caller ID, I need that function because of years (I can't see very well the small letters, is way easier for me to see the photo when somebody calls)

Even though I have ALL the pictures on the memory card, the program creates a copy on the main memory of the device??????? instead of just using the ones I have in the card. (by the way all the pics are in PNG format).

Since I have so many pics (almost every contact has one) I'm taking almost 5 MB of RAM just tom have the pics.

Is there any other solution to it, I need that ram space to run software on the device, I have the storage space on the cards.

please, HELLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!

JR
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Space Problem on Device Reply with quote

jordebb wrote:
Even though I have ALL the pictures on the memory card, the program creates a copy on the main memory of the device??????? instead of just using the ones I have in the card. (by the way all the pics are in PNG format).

Address Book does not create a copy of contact pictures in the main memory. Please check Address Book data folder location in the setting and then delete (if you are sure it's a COPY and not a different set) pictures from the main memory.

And your poll question. It's not possible to move pictures to a memory card on Windows Mobile 5 device.
jordebb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: same problem w/ space Reply with quote

Yes, every time I set a picture for a specific contact, I get ANOTHER .PNG picture in the \Mobile Device\ Address Book Files\ folder, I even made a search and 2 results for every picture appears, 1 on my "picture folder" IN THE SD CARD, and another on the \Mobile Device\ Address Book Files\, IT IS NOT a shortcut, but ANOTHER copy of the pictures.
jordebb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the poll, I think is a good idea even if is only possible on wm2003.

It is something simple, the more free RAM memory the device has to operate, the faster and MORE efficient it is the device.

By the way in the meantime I've been checking around on the web, other software applications, not only DO NOT CREATE another copy of the pictures, but in fact, ASK YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO STORE those pictures you use for your contacts.

thanks
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordebb wrote:
Regarding the poll, I think is a good idea even if is only possible on wm2003.

Yes, you are right. And this idea was realized long time ago in Address Book.

jordebb wrote:
By the way in the meantime I've been checking around on the web, other software applications, not only DO NOT CREATE another copy of the pictures, but in fact, ASK YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO STORE those pictures you use for your contacts.

Address Book does not ask, there's just such a setting. I will check out this feature, but nobody reported this bug before.
jordebb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check www.*/, you will see what I'm referring to, I love everything else, except loosing so much RAM memory when I assign picture to a contact, if you so desire, I can send or post pictures of the file structure created as I select pictures for contacts.
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordebb, I need no pictures or file structure. Your problem description is just enough.
jordebb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Inesoft Phone - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: