• Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - CO 2007 and Quicken 2007

CO 2007 and Quicken 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grahame

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: CO 2007 and Quicken 2007 Reply with quote

I am trying to synchronise the latest version which is Q2007 compatible I believe. It does "looking for changes" and then activesync just collapses onto the task bar and spins forever doing nothing. No transactions are synchronised. It does find all the accounts however in my data file. Any thoughts on this problem? I am using the latest version downloaded yesterday.

Thanks
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: CO 2007 and Quicken 2007 Reply with quote

grahame wrote:
I am trying to synchronise the latest version which is Q2007 compatible I believe. It does "looking for changes" and then activesync just collapses onto the task bar and spins forever doing nothing. No transactions are synchronised. It does find all the accounts however in my data file. Any thoughts on this problem? I am using the latest version downloaded yesterday.

Thanks

Each localized version of Quicken has own database format. Cash Organizer 2007 v.7.22 is compatible with Quicken 2003-2007 US/Canandian edition.
grahame

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using USA version of Quicken 2007 and Cash Organiser 2007 version 7.22, build 2007.03.05. It will not synchronise with Quicken. Trys to but spins icon and does nothing. I have been waiting a long time for this functionality. I hope it can be resovled. The first time that I tried an error box came up saying something about unable to open database.

Thanks
grahame

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone out there confirm that they have been able to sync Cash Organiser 2007 with Quicken 2007?
Thanks
mmontonara

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grahame wrote:
Can anyone out there confirm that they have been able to sync Cash Organiser 2007 with Quicken 2007?
Thanks

I am having problems syncing as well. I am trialing the latest version of CO 2007 v7.23 with Quicken 2007 R4. It initially synced data over to my Dell Axim x51v. But, after that, ActiveSync keeps failing. I finally had to uninstall so that my other sync items would work.

Bummer... as I like the look of CO 2007. I hope that this gets resolved soon.
digitalmind

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Sync with Quicken 2007 Reply with quote

Yes I sync with quicken 2007. I was having the same problem as you, but when I change the option to only sync items from the last 6 months it worked. Apparently there is something that the two programs don't agree on if you sync longer than that. I hopes this helps.
brett.howard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine actually crashes and asks if I want to submit a problem report to Microsoft. I have to remove CO from my system in order to restore active sync ability. I'm running Active Sync 4.2 CO2007 7.23 and Q2007 R4. Are there any projected releases to improve this compatibility? I've noticed the English version of CO has started to slow up on the releases and the German and Russian versions have taken most of the development resources it seems. I'd really enjoy to see a good successful version that can sync with Q2007! Especially being that SPB finance isn't there yet either.
jcsc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a complete synchronization on CO2007 and Quicken 2007. It always crash when they start to sync. I've followed all the steps recommended by Inesoft, but never has a successful sync.
Just out of curiousity, could all these crash due to the Synchronizer?

I notice the Synchronizer is for Microsoft Money, as started during installation.
brett.howard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version are you using? Downloaded yesterday from the site or downloaded from http://www.inesoft.com/beta . The latest on the site is 7.23 the latest in the beta area is 7.25. I've not yet tested 7.25 for syncing yet but as of 7.23 I was unable to sync with Quicken 2k7 but this is on a Vista machine with poses a few extra problems.
jcsc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brett.howard wrote:
What version are you using? Downloaded yesterday from the site or downloaded from http://www.inesoft.com/beta . The latest on the site is 7.23 the latest in the beta area is 7.25. I've not yet tested 7.25 for syncing yet but as of 7.23 I was unable to sync with Quicken 2k7 but this is on a Vista machine with poses a few extra problems.

This is the setup of my enviroment:
Hardware: Dell Dimension 3000
Application: Quicken 2007
Hardware: Dell Axim X51v
Application: CO 2007 7.23 (Tried 7.25 as well)
Activesync 4.5
Both version of CO listed Synchronizer for Microsoft Money...
aryehz2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone figured this problem out yet because I'm having the same sync issue?
SMacKDaddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Australian version of Quicken 2007 Reply with quote

Hi folks

Quicken (Intuit) is actually an Australian product. That is it was first developed here in Australia. It is extremely widely used in Australia because it is much more useful to Australian users that - say - MS Money, which is extremely US centric.

It would be nice if Cash Organizer could be made to sync with the Australia version of Quicken Personal for that reason. Is there any plan for this to happen in the near future? Is there anything I can do to help get this going?

Regards
Steve
aryehz2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Hi,

I was able to fix the problem. There were a bunch of CO files in the registry that for some reason never got deleted when I did the uninstall. There were also files on my pc that never deleted with the uninstall. After deleting all those and then re-installing the latest version of CO, everything worked beautifully.

I used Total Commander's registry program and kept looking through the folders until I found the CO stuff.

Also, it seems the original sync issue may have been caused by setting CO to sync too many transactions. I have it set to sunc only the last month

Good luck,
Aryeh Laughing
co-quicken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried installing on a fresh system (i.e. no prior CO installation) so there weren't any stray CO files or registry entries. The sync still crashed the WMDC. For what it's worth, here is a note I received from Wasyl. I have been under the impression that Inesoft was still working on a fix for us Quicken/Vista users. Apparently, they already think everything is working fine.

Hello co-quicken

There could be the next problems with your PC it does not show the settings:

1. If everything is OK, the settings are available when you disconnect your device and then connect once again. So the settings may be unavailable at the moment;

2. You use some old version of WMDC, because with all Vista updates installed, including the latest version of WMDC it works fine;

3. You did not follow the installation order, if so, the program can't work properly. We do test on many machines and all the times settings are available and synchronizer works well;

4. Some error in WMDC that happens on some machines. If so, we can do nothing about that.

BR
Wasyl

aryehz2 wrote:
Laughing Hi,

I was able to fix the problem. There were a bunch of CO files in the registry that for some reason never got deleted when I did the uninstall. There were also files on my pc that never deleted with the uninstall. After deleting all those and then re-installing the latest version of CO, everything worked beautifully.

I used Total Commander's registry program and kept looking through the folders until I found the CO stuff.

Also, it seems the original sync issue may have been caused by setting CO to sync too many transactions. I have it set to sunc only the last month

Good luck,
Aryeh Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: