Russia
  • News
  • Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - Very slow (10 sec) response rate when using T9 search

Very slow (10 sec) response rate when using T9 search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Inesoft Phone - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Very slow (10 sec) response rate when using T9 search Reply with quote

Hi,

First off I'd like to say this product is great. I just bought an Asus P525 which has a physical 1-9/T9 keyboard like a standard phone. The Inesoft Address Book is the only product I could find which let you perform most functionality like searching and calling using the T9 keyboard rather than the touch screen.

Okay, onto my issue. Essentially if you are viewing only a single category (top left drop down), the T9 search is so slow it is essentially unusable.

Each key press takes 3 sec to register and screen refresh, meaning it takes 10 sec to type 3 keys.

I have approx 1200 contacts and 22 categories (some which use a symbol, like ">New York". I did this so the category would appear at the top of the list).

Thanks for your help.
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have no Asus P525 device yet and I cannot comment this issue. Maybe other users can confirm improper work on Asus P525 to exclude software problems on your device.

P.S. Do not duplicate topics. Exclamation
biz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please confirm whether a similar issue occurs on other Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC phone devices.

I thought it may have to do with the way the view/query is structured rather tham something specific to a particular Pocket PC model (as I understand it, the Asus P525 uses the standard Contacts software. The only difference is that I can use hard(ware) keys to type in 1234 like on a standard mobile/cell phone. If I use the onscreen keyboard it still has the same issue).

Sorry about the other post. I'm new to Forums. Won't happen again Smile
biz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've managed to get a hold of a friends XDA mini, loaded my contacts onto it, and tested the category issue. It worked fine!

Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on another WM5 device, so don't know if it's WM5 related or Asus P525 related.

Anyone out there with an WM5 device finding or Not finding the same issue?

Wasyl, are there any setting I can play around with either in the Inesoft Address book or in other software settings which could help optimise the T9 search/reduce chance of bugs?

Cheers
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biz wrote:
Wasyl, are there any setting I can play around with either in the Inesoft Address book or in other software settings which could help optimise the T9 search/reduce chance of bugs?

Please try to reindex your contact database.
biz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have reindexed my contacts, but this did not make it any faster.

I also loaded Address Book and all my contacts onto my old 02 XDA mini which is a Pocket PC 2003 device. It worked great on my xda mini.

I was unable to get my hands on another Windows Mobile 5 device, so I'm not sure if it's a WM5 issue or an Asus P525 issue.

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Kilian
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biz wrote:
so I'm not sure if it's a WM5 issue or an Asus P525 issue.

As far as I can say its not a problem of the ASUS. I have the same GREAT(!) device since almost a week and the first installation was Address Book. My database only contains about 200 contacts, so it may possibly rather be a matter of that size, if yours cover more but 1200 contacts.

I had no performance delay at no time. Meanwhile I have a lot of installations on my device and even when running as much of them that memory gets down to less but 8 MB RAM of 128 MB left, no performance cut does appear. Any contact I search for is only a matter of a split second, I cant enter T9 faster than AB offers matching contacts.

My experience compares as well to a Qtek 9100 WM5 device and a iPAQ HX 4700 WM 2003 device. Neither of those had any performance problems during work with AB.

Propably you should try with a memory manager to make sure other apps are really closed after exiting them?
Support / Translation / Uebersetzung
biz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kilian,

Thanks so much for your response. Great to know it not an Asus P525 issue.

I have spbPlus running which lets me to properly close down apps and it doesn't seem to be a memory issue.

Just to confirm, when you do a T9 search, did you try it when you are only looking at a single category (using the drop down in the top right of the screen which normally says "All Contact").

When I do it for All Contacts, it is really fast, but as soon as I do it for a single category like 'personal' it slows right down.

Perhaps it's a combination of factors, the # of contact being one of them and WM5 being another as when I tried it on my old xda mini, even with 1200 contacts and viewing only one category, it didn't slow down.

If you don't mind, can you please try AB's T9 search while viewing a single category with a number of contacts in that category.

Thanks
Kilian
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biz wrote:

If you don't mind, can you please try AB's T9 search while viewing a single category with a number of contacts in that category.

I did so, but there was no difference. But as my database is much smaller, so my categories are. I go on testing and in case of new results you will find them here.
Kilian
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have retried now several different configurations. I added many contacts, so I had a database of 1200 as well. No difference to the small database, except it took a glimpse longer for AB to open once. But T9 was as fast as with 200 contacts. In either ways, "all contacts" as well as one single category.

I added some pictures just in case to try if its delayed by that material. But no difference to that as well.

I`m afraid you need to look up other sources not allowing T9 to do what it should... Confused

If you find out, please let us know, hope you succeed! Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Inesoft Phone - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: