• Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - character encoding

character encoding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amanous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: character encoding Reply with quote

I have downloaded cash organizer 2007 premium, the trial edition and I am considering to buy it.

I have a problem with the character coding. I am trying to import a file which contains greek characters. The qif is encoded in utf-8. All the greek characters are not displayed properly, and more specifically it appears that the program uses iso-8859-7 charset.

My PDA has greek support and I can input text in greek. It appears that windows mobile uses the utf-8 character set. I have tried this in mobile word and other applications (even in file names) and it appears that everything is UTF-8.

I tried to input something in greek in cash organizer and export it. Cash organizer displays the string properly in greek, but when I try to export it I get iso-8859-7 text on the PC. How is that possible? Is this a problem of the import/export procedure?

Can I use utf-8 in cash organizer?
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cash Organizer uses a standard encoding, set by Regional Settings. It's not enough to have a Greek keyboard; you need to activate Greek regional settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: