• Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - Duplicate qif Imports

Duplicate qif Imports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gizmo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Duplicate qif Imports Reply with quote

Since upgrading to the latest version I am finding that all of my qif imports are duplicating. How to I repair this please? Sad
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Duplicate qif Imports Reply with quote

Gizmo wrote:
How to I repair this please?

There's a very simple solution - do not import the same QIF files twice. QIF files contain no transaction ID and do not allow to identify are you importing another transaction with the same properties or a duplicated transaction.
Gizmo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: How to I repair this please? Reply with quote

When I visit my bank account it asks me if I wish to download the statement as a qif file, I have no control over what entries it contains. Can a qif file be opened and entries edited so that imports are only carried out with new entries that do not appear in cash organiser?
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: How to I repair this please? Reply with quote

Gizmo wrote:
I have no control over what entries it contains.

I believe, your bank allows to create a report with custom date range. If not, your bank offers a useless service because the date range is a key feature in QIF files.

You can open a QIF file in Notepad and edit it, but I don't think it's acceptable solution.
Gizmo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Editing the qif file Reply with quote

OK thanks, I will try out the notepad solution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: