Russia
  • News
  • Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - CO 7.22 – payee list contains squares instead of characters.

CO 7.22 – payee list contains squares instead of characters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer Beta
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: CO 7.22 – payee list contains squares instead of characters. Reply with quote

CO 7.22 has the same problem as CO 7.21 – after synchronisation payee list contains squares instead of characters. This problem has been already reported in beta forum.

CO 7.22 and Vista – previous version of CO has been fully removed from PC and PPC. Full synchronisation after installation.
Vista does not recognise that CO has finished its part. WMDC shows that it is performing synchronisation even when CO on PPC shows the message that device can be disconnected. After device was disconnected and connected again sync works fine.
Payee list after synchronisation contains lots of payees with squares instead of characters. Some transaction contain squares instead of payees as well. Money database on PC is not affected.

CO 7.22 and Windows XP – previous version of CO has been fully removed from PC and PPC. Full synchronisation after installation.
Same problem with payees as on Vista. Money database on PC is not affected.

CO 7.16 and Windows XP – fine.

Money 2005, UK edition
Dell Axim x51v Windows Mobile 5
Windows XP SP2
Windows Vista Ultimate
francovilar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with the latest version (also with beta version). The second time I sync, money file on PC IS afFected (displays chinese charaters). I'm running Money 2007, Windows Vista Home Premium and WM5.
mmm_ok

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Payee wih squares instead of letters in 7.23 also Reply with quote

Hi,

I just upgraded from 7.16 (I think) to 7.23.

I'm now experiencing the same "squares" issue as described above - namely the most payees, when viewing accounts in Cash Organizer, have squares instead of letters. My MS Money file is unaffected.

Windows XP Media Center
Windows Mobile 5
MS Money 14.0.120.1105
ActiveSync 4.2.0
UK English

Anyone know what's causing this?
Òîí÷èê

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems, that I found temporary fix for this problem.

Before first synchronization you should rename in MSMoney Payee name in all transactions with EMPTY payee. Rename to any none empty name (e.g. __TEMP__).
After synchronization you can rename Payee name back to empty name and resync.
All renaming should be done in MSMoney, not in CashOrg.
brett.howard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha nice find! Gotta love those ones... A true engineer! That sounds like a solution that I'd come up with...
Ummagumma

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just logged into Money to find that I have, literally, hundreds of payees with chinese characters instead of names.

Since Money doesn't allow selecting all of them, I had to delete them individually.

I am NOT HAPPY. Twisted Evil

Surely, something can be done ?
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummagumma wrote:
hundreds of payees with chinese characters instead of names.

Can anyone send a file with chinese characters for testing? support at inesoft dot com.
SimpTheChimp

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I got the same issue; although it was only 3 payees at the bottom of the list that had the weird (Chinese) characters in them.

So I uninstalled CO, restored my old Money file (thank goodness I backed it up before I installed CO!) and then tried to reinstall CO. At that point it wouldn't sync anymore - kept saying it had an error (didn't write down the error, unfortunately).

Shouldn't we be able to just deinstall everything and then reinstall it and have it sync properly? Or is there some other stuff we have to remove manually first?

P.S. I am downloading and using the newest beta from 5/8/2007.

Chimp (Tom)
GDPurcocks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a different problem with synching payees although I also have seen the Chinese character syndrome. I have a clean empty installation of MM and when I sync from PDA to PC *all* the named transactions in MM are set the the last payee in my list, on all accounts. All transfers are correctly marked. Everything else is perfect. I use ActiveSync 4.5. Despite reporting this 4 times I've received no comment, so this is just an FYI. I am a new user and so have had to disable AutoSync at the moment. It's a shame as this is a superb product IMO.
nplatis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having this problem continuously. At first sync, all transactions with empty payee get a payee with squares in CashOrganized and with Chinese characters in Money -- it is probably the same, but CashOrganizer cannot display the Chinese...
Let me note that the Money file is affected only if I edit one of these transactions in CashOrganized and it gets synced back to Money.

I am using:
Microsoft Money 2005 UK
Windows Vista
CashOrganizer - all latest editions and beta versions with the same problem.

Unfortunately, I cannot attribute this problem to Vista or to an edition of CashOrganizer alone, as I changed both of them at the same time. In the past I had tried older versions of CashOrganizer with Windows XP with no problems at all.

If I could provide any data in order to help debug this, please ask...
nplatis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out that some entries get corrupted in this manner (Chinese characters in payee) after synchronization. I don't know how this happened, in the past I had only seen it during the first synchronization...

This is a pitty, such bugs should be corrected!...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer Beta All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: