• News
  • Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spuddey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: 2008 Reply with quote

Hi

Is it possible to run a 2007 and a 2008 version on two different machines and then sync them on the same Microsoft Money file on PC or are the sync packages different?

In other words do I need to stick with 2007 on two PPC or can they run different versions and stiil work together? If not and I need to upgrade both to 2008 - do I need to pay two upgrade fees?

Spuddey
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 2008 Reply with quote

There's no possibility to install two version of the sync tool on your PC, so two different versions of Cash Organizer will not be able to sync.

Please check out if you are entitled to upgrade for free.
Spuddey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatley I purchased on 8.12.06 so just miss out! This is the price that you pay for early upgrades from the previous version!
I am not clear what the benifits of upgrading are for me - the interface all looks the same as 2007. Are all the changes under the hood?

Spuddey
Alsavi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: 2008 Reply with quote

I had same issue as you, Spuddey. For some reason, being a 5 year user, I consistently miss free upgrades because I tend to upgrade too early or, seen from another perspective, the free upgrade window provided by Inesoft is too short.

I was informed that the main changes of the 2008 versus 2007 version are Money Plus and Quicken 2008 support and integration with Vista. None of them relevant to me.

But I downloaded and installed the 2008 version and when informed that I was not eligible for the free upgrade, I had to pay for it since there was no way back to the previous 2007 version unless you create a backup file (Tools/File/Backup) using Cash Organizer 2007 and keep that file before you install Cash Organizer 2008. You will not be able to install back Cash Organizer 2007 and start using the database converted to 2008 format, but only deleting the data, installing Cash Organizer 2007 and restoring the file.

So, watch out buddy, if you are considering upgrade to the 2008 version, make sure you do as above in case you change your mind later. It costed me $14.95 and surely I see not difference at all between 2008 and 2007 versions. I just hope I qualify for free upgrades one day...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: