Russia
  • News
  • Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - WM Device Center 6.1 doesn't sync with Cash Org 2007

WM Device Center 6.1 doesn't sync with Cash Org 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milesbeverley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: WM Device Center 6.1 doesn't sync with Cash Org 2007 Reply with quote

I have just upgraded to WM Device Center 6.1 (New activesync). Everytime I run the sync it reports ¨sync error : Cash organizer attention required¨. I have uninstalled Cash Organizer from the PC and the HTC tytn II phone, then reinstalled. It still doesn't sync. Any suggestions?? If you don't have a fix for this do you know where I can download WM Device Center 6.0 in order to downgrade to a version that works????
milesbeverley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: ***** Solution ******* Reply with quote

Well as I haven't heard anything from Inesoft support (via 2 emails that I have sent) or from them via this forum I have managed to solve the problem myself. It seems that WMDC 6.1 DOES NOT work with Cash Organizer 2007. I had to find an old version WMDC 6.0 (difficult to find) and install this. Then everything worked as it should. We would hope Inesoft manage to fix this in a later release.
doublel12a

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Where did you find the WMC 6.0 version Reply with quote

I have been struggling with the same problem and would like to try to see if the WMC 6.0 works for me as well.

Where did you find the 6.0 version? Can you post a link?

Thanks.

Lilia
doublel12a

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: By George, it worked Reply with quote

I found the original version of WMC (6.0) at the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=83D513EA-9DF9-4920-AF33-3A0E2E4E7BEB&displaylang=en

I uninstalled the 6.1 version, installed the 6.0 version and Voila!!! Cash Organizer started working again. I am using CO version 7.23 on Vista Home Premium on an WM6 device (Samsung i760).

Thanks so much, milesbeverley, for discovering the root of the problem and the solution. Yes, we hope that the problem with syncing will be fixed on a future version of the software.

Lilia Laughing
doublel12a

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Foegot to mention Reply with quote

I forgot to mention in the prior post that using WMc 6.0, you do not need the registry tweak.
bumper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: cash organiser 2007 still not working with WMDC 6.0.6783 Reply with quote

Hi Miles and Lillia,
I tried what you had suggested but still failing to sync CO2007 with Quicken 2007.
I am using Vista Business 32 bit. My phone is HTC P4350.I unistalled WMDC 6.1, rebooted and installed WMDC 6.0.6783.
Now every time I try to sync either it says WMDC Sync Host has stopped working or the CO option says "no settings available for this". If I remove CO 2007 from my phone sync works perfectly. I must be doing something wrong.
Could you pl. list out the steps to be taken to get CO2007 to sync with WMDC 6.0.6783.

After installing WMDC 6.0 does one have to unistall and reinstall CO 2007 on the phone and the PC?

Also does NOrton INternet Security and anti virus interfere with the syncing?
Thanks
doublel12a

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Uninstall the registry tweak Reply with quote

The message that you are getting is because of the registry tweak...
ThreadingModel...Apartment.

I had the same problem until I deleted the registry entry that I had added previously. Once I deleted it, everything started working correctly again.

Good luck.

Lilia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: