• Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - I am having no luck

I am having no luck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rokenn3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: I am having no luck Reply with quote

OK. I purchased Money 07 and then bought CO 07 Premium with the thought that I would have a system that allowed me to do most of my work on the PC but then transfer information over and have a feature of reminders on my PPC device especially for upcoming bills and transactions. CO 07 purported to do this in the advertising. Only problem for me here is that I can NOT for the life of me get the CO Sync to install. I have spent 5 days re-installing and uninstalling from PC and PPC, rebooting, resetting, everything I can think of or find without re-installing the hard drives on both. I have read through EVERY thread on these forums and need some help badly. I do not want to feel like I have wasted my money here. When I get it to install, the Cash Organizer file itself seems to work ok on the PPC, but that doesn't do me any good really since I don't want to have to re-create things 2x. The sync is the most important part for me here since I already have some things set up in MS Money 07. HELP PLEASE!!

OH yeah, forgot to say the exact issues and my setup. I have PPC 6700 running WM5. Using AS 4.2. When I try to install the Sync, it asks me where do I want to install, (Device or Storage Card). I click Device and it tries to install, then tells me the CAB cannot be installed or it istalled unsuccessfully. Sometimes, before it even tries to install, I get a pop up giving me a cannot communicate with the device error. But that's bogus because the other program is still loading in the background as well. So again, my issue here is that I absolutely cannot get the Sync portion of this software to install.
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened because you did not remove a previous version from your device first. Please disconnect your device from PC and remove the program.
rokenn3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had a previous version. This is my first time installing CO. Also, I remove the program using the Remove programs avenue, and remnants of the program are still in my PPC. I have to go through and remove folders manually. The Today screen plugin still shows up and I am not sure if I get rid of everything totally although I reset it every time.

Oh yeah, and although it asks me if I want to remove the database files, they are still there.
skalicky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Sync installation Reply with quote

remove everything
Install COrg only (uncheck Sync !)
see wether COrg works on your PDA
Now, but only now, install again, check Sync. and when asked if you want to reinstall COrg, say NO (since it is already installed.
In this way you can install both COrg AND Sync on the storage Card.
Good luck, works fine for me.
Peter Skalicky
Austria
miguelromerom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do it, ind still i´ve problems to sync Sad
rokenn3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Sync installation Reply with quote

[quote="skalicky"]remove everything
Install COrg only (uncheck Sync !)
see wether COrg works on your PDA
Now, but only now, install again, check Sync. and when asked if you want to reinstall COrg, say NO (since it is already installed.
In this way you can install both COrg AND Sync on the storage Card.
Good luck, works fine for me.
Peter Skalicky[/quote]

Still not having any luck. The sync will not even install. The PPC asks me where I would like to install the cab and then it attempts to install it. Then it tells me the file installed unsuccessfully. Tried it a few times and it will not work. CO itself has installed on my device but the sync is the trouble spot now. Any thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: