• Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - Backup contacts - problem with outlook

Backup contacts - problem with outlook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Inesoft Phone - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrenglishman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Backup contacts - problem with outlook Reply with quote

Hi,

I want to backup all my contacts I have in Inesoft Address Book but there seems to be a problem with the synchronization with Outlook. For example, in some contacts I have two mobile phone numbers for a specific contact but when I try to synchronize my contacts with Outlook using Activesync, only one of the mobile phone numbers gets synchronized, since there is no Mobile 2 field in outlook. The same happens in general with the fields that Inesoft conveniently provides (since I have many contacts with two mobile phone numbers or more than two home numbers etc etc etc) but Outlook doesn't have.

Do you have any solution for this problem? I am about to buy a new Windows Mobile phone and I want to transfer ALL of my contacts as they appear in Inesoft Address Book and as you can understand I cannot sync them first with Outlook and then sync the new phone with Outlook because I will lose some fields in many contacts, as described above. So, if there is no "proper" solution to the problem, then is there any way to transfer Inesoft's data files, folders etc to the new phone and not bother with syncronization?

Thank you very much in advance.
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Backup contacts - problem with outlook Reply with quote

How the synchronization with Outlook works, you will find in the user manual (on your PC go to Start/Programs/Inesoft Address Book or download it from the Support page of this site). After reading it, please post your additional questions.
Quote:
Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook is done via ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center, so your synchronization settings will remain unchanged. Address Book allows entering more information than a standard form, which means you will be able to create your own fields and they will be correctly, without any additional actions synchronized to Microsoft Outlook's Note field.

That means you can synchronize additional fields back after a hard reset.
mrenglishman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasyl, first of all thank you very much for your prompt reply. I still have a question though: since all the additional fields that Inesoft Address Book has and Outlook doesn't will be stored in Outlook's Note field, how will they be stored in a later synchronization after a hard reset to the correct additional fields again? They will be in Outlook's Note field, so will Inesoft Address Book understand that they must go to the additional fields?

Thanks once again
Wasyl
Inesoft Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about that Smile , it will be done automatically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Inesoft Phone - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: