Russia
  • News
  • Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - Simple Autocategorise function that would improve CO for me

Simple Autocategorise function that would improve CO for me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adbell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Simple Autocategorise function that would improve CO for me Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm sure I'm with the majority of CO users in that I download my bank statements and import them into CO (rather than entering each transaction manually).

I then go through and categorise these items which is easy enough but tedious.

I would really like it if CO could automatically assign categories based on the Payee.

It seems to me that the functionality is almost there. Presently, you can:
1.Categorise items for a Payee
2. Select Actions>"Update all memorized"
and it will remember the category of the payee so you can use the Payee as a template for manual entry.

It just needs to be taken a little further so that if you have already assigned a category to a Payee, then after import you have the option to
"Apply memorised".

Ideally, it would apply the memorized categories to transactions that have not already been categorized and where the Payees have not been hidden.

You could make this more flexible, if when you Edit Payee, you have the ability to edit their assigned category and project.

Does anyone else agree that they would like to see this in CO2009?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: