• Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - category no longer automatically appears

category no longer automatically appears

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seangibson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: category no longer automatically appears Reply with quote

Version 2005 used to automatically assign a category based on the Payee name, using past transactions as a reference. It was changeable but it made life easier for it to show automatically, as most transactions for a payee generally fell into the same category. However, upon upgrading to version 2007, this is no longer the case. The category field is always blank and it's a bit tedious to have to enter it manually for every transaction. Also, the amount of the transaction used to default to "-0.00" but the minus sign is no longer there. Again, it's tedious to enter this, as most transactions are expenses rather than income (at least in my case Wink ). Is this intentional by design or do I have a bug. I must say, as much as I loved version 2005, 2007 has so far been disappointing, both because of these problems as well as others.
iant54

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the memorised transactions bit is concerned, while 2005 automatically remembered the previous transactions, you now have to prod 2007 into doing it - go to the "Payee" tab (in portrait display, you need to click the down arrow next to "Report" to display it), click on Actions, then on Update All Memorised. After it's completed, you'll find that the category (plus amount, and split items) will now appear based on Payee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: