• Products
  • Download
  • Buy now
  • Support
  • Forum
  • About
www.inesoft.com :: View topic - Error message from CO when syncing

Error message from CO when syncing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimpTheChimp

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Error message from CO when syncing Reply with quote

Using MS Money 2007. When I try to sync the first time I'm getting an error saying that one of my transactions had an 'Unknown category of transaction...' and then listed the transaction amount and date. I checked out that transaction in Money and it DOES have a valid category - in fact everything about the transaction looks normal.

Then I tried to open the CO sync settings in ActiveSync and got an error saying 'Failed to open money file, Invalid Pointer'. So I can't change anything on my sync settings without completely uninstalling and reinstalling CO (it did show up the first time after I installed it).

I am currently running CO on an HP iPAQ hx2495 and Windows XP (SP2). I even tried completely deinstalling and reinstalling CO, but I get the same result each time.

Any ideas on how to fix this? BTW, this is with the current release version of CO. (I even tried the beta but it gave me the same result)

Tom
rwatto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Synching & Category Errors Reply with quote

Yeah I have had similar problems with Quicken & CO. Now when I use CO I never add or modify any categories as it causes problems similar to your's. I started a new file that works fine most of the time now by creating a new desktop file from the CO file. I occasionally have an error during synch:
"Write error 9-16 Interupted transmission of the changes file." but if I try to synch again it goes through OK. It maybe if there are a lot of transactions to be updated.
I plan on having annual files and will modify or add my categories at this time.

Hope this helps you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.inesoft.com Forum Index -> Cash Organizer - general discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: